Moen et al. (1995): study US 1956
- Moen, P.; Dempster-McClain, D.; Robison, J.
- Caregiving and Women's Well-Being: A Life Course Approach.
- Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 1995, Vol. 36, 259 - 273
- Mothers USA, followed 30 years 1956-1986
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 313
- Non Response:
And questionnaire. In 1986 also extensive life history data were collected.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 3 questions:
How often do you find yourself feeling disappointed about the ways things have turned out for you?
3 hardly ever
All in all, how much happiness would you say you find in your life today?
1 almost none
3 a good deal
On the whole, how satisfied would you say you are with your life today?
1 not very satisfied
2 fairly satisfied
3 very satisfied
- Author's label:
- general life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Cronbach alpha: at T1 .62, at T2 .69
Current support behavior
Earlier support behavior
Earlier total social participation