Mitchell et al. (2011): study US Illinois 2006
- Mitchell, M.E.; Lebow, J.R.; Uribe, R.
- Internet Use, Happiness, Social Support and Introversion: A More Fine Grained Analysis of Person Variables and Internet Activity
- Computers in Human Behavior, 2011, Vol. 27, 1857-1861
- 18-30 aged university students, USA, 200?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability accidental sample
- N = 185
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: web
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Author's label:
- Bradburn's Affect Balance Scale
- Page in publication:
Mischief on internet