Miller et al. (1991): study US 1956
- Miller, M.L.; Dempster-McClain, D.; Moen, P.
- Motherhood, Multiple Roles, and Maternal Well-Being: Women of the 1950 s.
- Gender and Society, 1991, Vol. 5, 565 - 582
- White married mothers with children under age 13, USA 1956
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 356
- Non Response:
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 3 questions:
How often do you find yourself feeling disappointed about the ways things have turned out for you?
3 hardly ever
All in all, how much happiness would you say you find in your life today?
1 almost none
3 a good deal
On the whole, how satisfied would you say you are with your life today?
1 not very satisfied
2 fairly satisfied
3 very satisfied
- Author's label:
- general life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Cronbach alpha: .62
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
Current organizational participation
Current total social participation
Full-time home maker
Oneself-mother: works (vs not)
Attitudes to parenting
Evaluation of oneself as a parent
Satisfaction with time-use