Mellor et al. (2003): study AU 2003
- Mellor, D.J.; Cummins, R.A.; Karlinsky, E.
- The Management of Subjective Quality of Life by Short-stay Hospital Patients: An Exploratory Study.
- Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2003, Vol. 1, 1 - 17
- Short-stay in-ward surgery patients, shortly before and after treatment, Australia 2003
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 148
- Non Response:
First questionnaire completed. prior to admission. Second 2 days after surgery, second version and third questionnare 1 week after discharge. The 3rd version was returned by reply paid mail.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 20 questions
How do you feel on the average?
I Worn out
1 very slightly to not at all
Computation: PA-NA: PA = A-D, P-T, NA = E-O
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance computed by us, substracting NA from PA
- Page in publication:
- Table 1
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
Earlier medical treatment
Current life-events (past few years)
History of current treatment