Luttmer (2005): study US 1987
- Luttmer, E.F.
- Neighbors as Negatives: Relative Earnings and Well-Being.
- Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2005, 963-1002
- 19+ aged couples, United States, followed 6 years, 1987-1994
- Survey name:
- US-NSFH combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 8944
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Next are some questions about how you see yourself and your life. Taking all things together, how would you say things are these days?
1 very unhappy
7 very happy
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
Ethnic diversity in vicinity