Luhmann et al. (2014): study US 2013
- Luhmann, M.; Cacioppo, J.T.; Hawkley, L.C.
- Thinking about One's Subjective Well-Being: Average Trends and Individual Differences.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2014, Vol. 15, 757 - 781
- 18-79 aged, general public, USA, 2013
- Non-probability accidental sample
- N = 414
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: web
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you generally feel this way, that is, how you feel on average?
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): (A to J)/10
Positive affect score (PAS): (K to T)/10
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS ('in general' version)
- Author's label:
- ABS computed by WDH-team from Positive Affect and Negative Affect Scores
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -4 - 4 On range 0-10