Lovo (2014): study ZZ Europe 2008
- Lovo, S.
- Potential Migration and Subjective Well-Being in Europe.
- IZA Journal of Migration, 2014, Vol. 3, 1 - 18
- 15+ general public, 25 European countries, 2008-2011
- Survey name
- INT-Gallup World Poll combined waves
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 80000
- Non Response
In some countries it is CATI
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- 7, 10
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.87 -
- - -
Likelihood to migrate
Effect of happiness in nation on choice of migrants