print

Studies

Lopez-Torres Hidalgo et al. (2007): study ES Albacete, La Mancha, Castilla 2001

Publication

Author(s):
Lopez-Torres Hidalgo, J.; Boix Gras, C.; David Garcia, Y.; Tellez Lapeira, J.
Title:
Functional Status in the Elderly Insomniac
Source:
Quality of Life Research, 2007, Vol.16, 279 - 286

Investigation

Public:
65+aged with Insomnia, Spain, 2001
Survey name:
Unnamed study
Sample:
Probability systematic sample
Respondents:
N = 424
Non Response:
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face
The elderly were interviewed in their respective Health Centres or at home, if disabled. Interviews conducted by previously trained health care personnel (physicians, nurses and social workers).

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

I am satisfied with my life today
0  no
1  don't know
2  yes

Item in Munsh Happiness inventory
Classification:
O-SLu-md-sq-v-2-b
Author's label:
Satisfaction with life
Page in publication:
283
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 14.9%,   2: 84.2%   (total 99.1%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.85
SD:
0.36