Livson & Peskin (1967): study US 1933
- Livson, N.; Peskin, H.
- Prediction of Adult Psychological Health in a Longitudinal Study.
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 1967, Vol. 72, 509 - 518
- 5-16 aged, California, 1933
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 64
- Non Response:
Rating by experts
Ratings were based on annual interview with mother, half -yearly interview with child , and teachers ratings
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Ratings of 'emotional tone' by mother, teachers and investigator on the basis of an interview with the child
A: Is S inclined to be … most of the time?
- optimistic and cheerful or pessimistic and depressed
B: Is S …. In mood?
Steady or fluctuating
5 steadily optimistic
4 veriable tending to optimism
3 indifferent of fluctuating
2 variable tending to optimism
1 steadily pessimistic
- Author's label:
- Emotional Tone: Somber-Cheerful
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10