Lehman et al. (1992): study US 1983
- Lehman, A.F.; Myers, P.C.; Slaughter, J.G.
- Quality of Life Experiences of the Chronically Mentally Ill.
- Evaluation and Program Planning, 1992, Vol. 15, 7 - 12
- Mental Patients, United States, 1986
- Survey name:
- Non-probability purposive-expert sample
- N = 99
- Non Response:
- Interview: computer assisted (CAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- Global life
- Page in publication: