print

Studies

Latin American Public Opinion Project (2010): study GT 1997

Publication

Author(s):
Latin American Public Opinion Project,
Title:
The Americas Barometer
Source:
Latin American Public Opinion Project, VanderBilt University Detroit, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, Guatemala, 1997
Survey name:
LAPOP 1997
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1177
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

Taking all together, are you satisfied with the life you lead currently? Would you say you are satisfied or dissatisfied. Use the in-between option only in extreme cases
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
-   half satisfied
-   NA
Classification:
O-SLL-c-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
We considered as sample to those people who answered the first two options of the scale since they were constrained to do it in this way.
The survey was called "Encuesta de Conocimientos, Actitudes y prácticas democráticas".
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 30.1%,   2: 69.4%   (total 99.5%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.70 6.81
SD:
0.46 2.57