Kuiper & Martin (1998a): study CA Ontario 1993
- Kuiper, N.A.; Martin, R.A.
- Sense of Humor, self-concept, and Psychological Well-Being in psychiatric Inpatients.
- Humor, 1998, Vol. 11, 357 -381
- Psychiatric patients, Ontario Canada, 199?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive-expert sample
- N = 56
- Non Response:
- not reported
questionnaires completed individually on a computer in a comfortable room in the hospital in the presence of a research assistant for help - if needed.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you feel this way during the past few days:
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): A to J
Positive affect score (PAS): K to T
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson's PANAS ('past few days' version)
- Author's label:
- Positive and negative affect scale
- PA and NA presented seperately, ABS computed by WDH team
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -40 - 40 On range 0-10
- 9.21 -
- - -