Kross et al. (2013): study US 2008
- Kross, E.; Demiralp, E.; Verduyn, P.
- Facebook Use Predicts Declines in Subjective Well-Being in Young Adults.
- Open Access, 2013, Plos One, Vol. 8, 1 - 7
- Facebook users, Ann Arbor, Michigan, followed 14 days, USA, 2013
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 82
- Non Response:
Interview: computer assisted (CAPI)
Survey via mobile phone.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question text messaged 5 times a day
How do you feel right now?
0 very positive
100 very negative
- Author's label:
- Scale reversed to range 0 (negative) to 100 (positive) by WDH team.
- Page in publication:
- Page 3
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 100 On range 0-10
- 72.53 7.25
- 25.88 2.59
Time on internet
Earlier internet behavior
Later internet behavior
O-SL by A-AOL