Koch et al. (2005): study DE 2002
- Koch, S.; Stephan, G.; Walwei, U.
- Workfare: Möglichkeiten und Grenzen. (Workfare: Possibilities and Limitations).
- IAB Discussion Paper no. 17/2005, Nürnberg, Germany
- 18-65 aged, on low wage or on social security, Germany, 2002-2003
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 2568
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Mean is het weighed mean of full-time working minimum wage receivers and social assistance receivers.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.55 6.55
- 1.74 1.74
Income from social security
Income from paid work