Kinney & Coyle (1992): study US 1992
- Kinney, W.B.; Coyle, C.P.
- Predicting Life Satisfaction Among Adults With Physical Disabilities.
- Archives of Physical and Medical Rehabilitation, 1992, Vol. 73, 863 - 869
- 18-55 aged, physically disabled, USA,1992
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 790
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Mean computed by WDH-team
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
Full-time vs part-time