Kilpatrick & Cantril (1960): study ZZ East-West pairs 1958 /1
- Kilpatrick, F.P.; Cantril, H.
- Self-Anchoring Scaling: A Measure of Individuals' Unique Reality Worlds.
- Journal of Individual Psychology, 1960, Vol. 16, 158 - 173
- Students, USA and India, 1958
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 1160
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.