Kiecolt & Acock (1990): study US 1980
- Kiecolt, K.J.; Acock, A.C.
- Childhood Family Structure and Adult Psychological Well-Being of Black Americans.
- Sociological Spectrum, 1990, Vol. 10, 169 - 186
- 18 + aged; Blacks, USA, 198?
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 1911
- Non Response
Structured interview by Black interviewer
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
In general, how satisfied are you with your life these days....?"
4 very satisfied
3 somewhat satisfied
2 somewhat dissatisfied
1 very dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction
- percentages not reported
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 4 On range 0-10
- 3.03 -
- 0.83 -
Earlier life (antecedents of happiness)
Summed effect of earlier personal conditions
Summed socio-demographic + life-events