Jans-Beken (2018a): study NL 2016
- Jans-Beken, L
- Upward Spirals of Gratitude and Positive Affect in Daily Life: A Time-lagged Ecological Assessment Study Using the Experience Sampling Method.
- PdD dissetation, 2018 Open University of Heerlen, Heerlen, Netherlands, Capter 5.
- Working aged (18-65), Netherlands, 2016
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability accidental sample
- N = 126
- Non Response:
- 20 respondents.
Interview: telephone (CATI)
One-time on line questionnaire for demographic info, positive mental health, psychopathology and trait gratitude, followed by experience sampling with mobil phone.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Repeated selfreport on 7 questions
.. I feel at the moment .. (full lead question not reported)
1 not at all
Computation: (A+B+C)- (D+E+F+G)
- Author's label:
- Momentary mood states
- Source: Jacobs et al, 2007; Myin-Germeys & van Os, 2007; Peeters, Berkhof, Delespaul, Rottenberg, & Nicolson, 2006. Wickers et al 2009.
ABS = PA-NA = 4,98-1,76 = 3,22
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Positive Affect (A+B+C): Cronbach alpha within: .77; aggregated .94. Negative Affect (D+E+F+G): Cronbach alpha within: .64; aggregated .95. PA minus NA not reported for individual respondents. Mean PA for all respondents = 4.98 (SD = 0,93). Mean NA for all respondents = 1.76.(SD = 0,79). Mean Affect Balance = 4.98 - 1.76 = 3.22.
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 7 - 49 On range 0-10