Ivlevs et al. (2019): study ZZ World samples 2009
- Ivlevs, A.; Graham, C.; Nikolova, M.
- Emigration, Remittances and the Subjective Well-Being of Those Staying Behind.
- Journal of Population Economics, 2019, Vol. 32, 113 - 151
- Intimates left behind after migration, Multiple nations, 2009 - 2011
- Survey name
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 142468
- Non Response
Phone interviews were used where telephone coverage is more than 80%.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Best Possible Life
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.50 5.50
- 2.21 2.21
Sources of current support