Hopfensitz & Mantilla (2018): study ZZ 1970
- Hopfensitz, A.; Mantilla, C.
- Emotional Expressions by Sports Teams: An Analysis of World Cup Soccer Player Portraits.
- Journal of Economic Psychology, 2018, online
- Soccer teams playing in World Cup 1970-2014
- Survey name:
- Not a survey study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 304
- Non Response:
Multiple assesment methods
Happiness in facial expression of players measured using Facereader 6 with artificial neural networks technology. Team performance measured using socces statistics The dependent variables in this study were the number of goals scored and the number of goals conceded., goal difference and World Cup ranking.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Rating of happiness in facial expression from photos, using an automatic face recognition device
0 no sign of happiness in facial expression
10 clear happiness in facial expression
Device: Face Reader 6, (Bijlstra & Dotsch 2014)
Originally scored on range 0-1, Transformed to 0-10 by WDH team
- Author's label:
- Average happiness in teams
- Page in publication:
- 8, 10, 27, 32
Success in sports competition