Holloway & Carson (1998): study GB 1997
- Holloway, F.; Carson, J.
- Intensive Case Management for the Severely Mentally Ill. Controlled Trial.
- British Journal of Psychiatry, 1998, Vol. 172, 19 - 22
- Severe mental patients, London UK, followed 18 month, 1997-98
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 70
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- Global quality of life
- Experimental intensive treatment: M = 4.25; SD = 1.45. Control group: M = 4.18; SD = 1.45
This question is part of the Lancashire Quality of Life Profile (LQLP)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 4.25 -
- 1.45 -