Helliwell et al. (2021): study VE 2020
- Helliwell, J.F.; Huang, H.; Norton, M.B.; Wang, S.
- World happiness, trust and death under Covid-19
- World Happiness Report 2021, chapter 2
- 15+ aged general public, Venezuela 2020
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
Interview: telephone (CATI)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic face-to-face interviews were not possible any more and interviewing had to change to CATI and CAPI, which involved problems in countries weere access to telephone and PC is limited. Tchange to CATI and CAPI had already been made in most wester nations
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril Ladder
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 4.57 4.57