Helliwell et al. (2020): study BH 2014
- Helliwell, J.F.; Layard, R.; Sachs, J.
- World Happiness Report 2020
- Helliwell, J., Layard, R., & Sachs, J. (2020). World Happiness Report 2020.
- 15+ aged general public, Bahrain, 2014
- Survey name
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1000
- Non Response
- Interview: Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Life ladder
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.17 6.17
- 2.42 2.42