Helliwell et al. (2019a): study JM 2017
- Helliwell, J.F.; Huang, H.; Wang, S.
- Online dataset to chapter 2 'Changing World Happiness' in the World Happiness Report 2019
- Helliwell, J., Layard, R., & Sachs, J. (2019). World Happiness Report 2019, New York: Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- 15+ aged general public, Jamaica, 2017
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Life ladder
- Observed distribution:
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.89 5.89
- 2.40 2.40