Helliwell et al. (2016): study ZZ 2012
- Helliwell, J.F.; Huang, H.; Wang, S.
- The Distribution of World Happiness.
- World Happiness Report, 2016, Vol.1, 8 - 48
- 15+ aged, general public, 156 nations, 2005-2015
- Survey name:
- Probability area sample
- N = 1560000
- Non Response:
- Multiple assesment methods
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril ladder
- World as a whole.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.35 5.35
- 2.24 2.24