Helliwell et al. (2015): study XY Cyprus-Turkish 2012
- Helliwell, J.F.; Huang, H.; Wang, S.
- The Geography of World Happiness.
- World Happiness Report 2015, Chapter 2, 12 -41
- 15+ aged general population, North Cyprus, 2012
- Survey name
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 497
- Non Response
- Interview: Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril Ladder
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.46 5.46
- 2.74 2.74