Helliwell et al. (2014): study US 2004
- Helliwell, J.F.; Huang, H.; Wang, S.
- Social Capital and Well-Being in Times of Crisis.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2014, Vol. 15, 145 - 162
- 18+ aged general public, urban areas, USA, 2008-2011
- Survey name:
- Gallup International
- Selection from general population sample
- N = 952433
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril ladder
- Page in publication: