Heinonen et al. (2004): study FI 1997
- Heinonen, H.; Aalto, A.M.; Aro, A.R.; Uutela, A.
- Is the Evaluation of the Global Quality of Life Determined by Emotional Status?
- Quality of Life Research, 2004, Vol.13, 1347 - 1356
- 25-65 aged, 5 regions, Finland, 1997
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 3838
- Non Response:
The FR-97 study was conducted in two phases. In the first fase the participants filled up the basic health questionaire and participated in comprehensive clinical test for cardiovascular disease risks(response rate 71%) In the second phase 60% of the participants were randomly selected to participate in the psychosocial part of the study
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How would you estimate your quality of life as a whole during the last 4 weeks?
Rated on 15 cm vertical open line
- Author's label:
- Global Quality of Life
- The question was on the last page of the 15 page questionaire, which may explain the high procent no answers
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 100 On range 0-10
- 69.10 6.91
- 18.46 1.85
Successful (vs failure)