Headey & Wearing (1986): study AU AU Victoria 1981
- Headey, B.; Wearing, A.J.
- Chains of Well-Being, Chains of Ill-Being. An Australian Panel Study, 1981-1985.
- Paper presented at the International Conference of Sociology, 1986, New Delhi, India
- 18-65 aged, general public, Victoria, Australia, followed 1981-985
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 942
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'