Headey & Wearing (1981): study AU AU Victoria 1978 /1
- Headey, B.; Wearing, A.J.
- Australians' Priorities, Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Monograph in Public Policy Studies, nr. 4, University of Melbourne, 1981, Australia
- Adults, general public, Melbourne, Australia, followed 25 months 1978-1981
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 184
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance Score
- Page in publication:
Change in love-life
Change in life-appraisals