Headey & Krause (1994): study AU 1981
- Headey, B.; Krause, P.
- Inequalities of Income, Health and Happiness: The Stratification Paradigm and Alternatives.
- Paper presented at the 13th World Congress of Sociology, 1994, Bielefeld, Germany
- 18-65 aged, general public, Victoria, Australia, followed from 1981 to 1989
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 502
- Non Response:
Face-to-face interviews at T1, T2, T3. Mailed questionnaire at T4
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question asked twice
'How do you feel about your life as a whole?'
2 very unhappy
4 mostly dissatisfied
5 mixed feelings
6 mostly satisfied
8 very pleased
- Error estimates:
- Correlations of responses to this item at beginning and end of the interview: r=+.80