Headey et al. (2008): study DE 2002
- Headey, B.; Muffels, R.; Wooden, M.
- Money does not Buy Happiness...Or does it? A Reconsideration Based on the Combined Effects of Wealth, Income and Consumption.
- Social Indicators Research, 2008, Vol. 87, 65 - 82
- 16+ aged, general public, Germany 2002
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 9958
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
Married state (compared to non-married states)
Living as married