Headey et al. (1991): study AU AU Victoria 1981
- Headey, B.; Veenhoven, R.; Wearing, A.J.
- Top-down versus Bottom-up Theories of Subjective Well-Being.
- Social Indicators Research, 1991, Vol. 24, 81 - 100
- 18-65 aged, general public, Victoria, Australia, followed 1981-1987
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 942
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question asked twice
'How do you feel about your life as a whole?'
2 very unhappy
4 mostly dissatisfied
5 mixed feelings
6 mostly satisfied
8 very pleased
Satisfaction with leisure activities
Satisfaction with personal contacts