Hanrahan (2005): study MX 2005
- Hanrahan, S.J.
- Using Psychological Skills Training from Sport Psychoogy to Enhance the Life Satisfaction of Adolescent Mexican Orphans.
- Athletic Insight, 2005, Vol. 7, 1 - 7
- 15-20 aged, before and after training, Mexico, 2005
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 26
- Non Response:
Completed at first and last session of 3 week program.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on four questions:
Using the 1-5 scale below, indicate your agreement with each of the items by placing the appropriate number on the line preceding that item. Please be open and honest in your responding.
A In most ways my life is close to ideal
B The conditions of my life are excellent
C I am satisfied with my life
D So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
5 strongly agree
4 slightly agree
3 neither agree nor disagree
2 slightly disagree
1 strongly disagree
Name: Shortened Diener's Satisfaction with Life Scale (SWLS)
(In the original scale item 5 reads: 'If I could live my life over, I would change nothing'. This item is left out in this selection because a positive answer to this question does not necessarily mean that the respondent doesn't like the life he/she actually lives.)
- Author's label:
- Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS)
- 4-item SWLS computed by WDH team, using dataset provided by the author.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
Change in competences
Actual changes in happiness