Hagerty (2000): study US 1989
- Hagerty, M.R.
- Social Comparison of Incomes in One's Community: Evidence from National Surveys of Income and Happiness.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2000, Vol. 78, 764 - 771
- 18+ aged general public, USA, 1989-1996
- Survey name:
- CN-GSS 2003
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 8362
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say you are...?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not too happy
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10