Greaves-Otte et al. (1991): study NL 1990
- Greaves-Otte, J.G.; Greaves, J.; Kruyt, P.M.; VanderWouden, J.C.
- Problems at Social Re-Integration of Long-Term Cancer Survivors.
- European Journal of Cancer, 1991, Vol. 27, 178 - 181
- Ex-cancer patients, the Netherlands, 1987
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 649
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
"During the past week, did you ever feel.....?"
A So restless that you could not sit long in a chair
B Proud, because someone had complimented you
C Very lonely or remote from people?
D Pleased about having accomplished something
F On top of the world?
H That things were going your way?
I Upset because someone criticized you?
J Could not do anything, simply because you could not start?
Answer options and scoring:
- yes = 1
- no = 0
Positive Affect Score (PAS): summed scores on B,D F,H
Negative Affect Score (NAS): summed scores on A,C,E,G,I,J
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range -6 to +4
Name: Bradburn's `Affect Balance Scale' (adapted version)
- Author's label:
- psychological well-being
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -6 - 4 On range 0-10
- 1.10 -
- - -
Earlier medical treatment
Earlier physical health
Neoplasms (cancer) (c00-d48)