Graham & Nikolova (2018): study ZZ Latin America 2009
- Graham, C.; Nikolova, M.
- Happiness and International Migration in Latin America
- Helliwell, J. F., Layard,, R. and Sachs, J. D. (Eds): " World Happiness Report (WER)", 2018, Sustainable Development Solutions Network, New York, USA, Chapter 5
- Emigrants, Latin America, Multiple nations, 2009-2016
- Survey name:
- INT-Gallup World Poll 2009-2016
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 180000
- Non Response:
Interview: telephone (CATI)
At least 80 % of the respondents were surveyed telephonically and 20% were surveyed face-to-face.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
Sources of current support