Graham & Nikolova (2013a): study ZZ 2010
- Graham, C.; Nikolova, M.
- Does Access to Information Technology make People Happier? Insights from Well-Being Surveys from Around the World
- Journal of Socio Economics, 2013, Vol 44, 126 -139
- 15+ Aged General Public in 120 Nations 2010- 2012
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 301516
- Non Response:
The surveys are face-to-face in countries where telephone coverage is limited, and by telephone in those where it is universal (primarily the OECD countries).
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Best Possible Life (BPL)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.45 5.45
- 2.18 2.18