Gorchoff et al. (2008): study US Alameda County, California 1981
- Gorchoff, S.M.; Helson, R.; John, O.P.
- Contextualizing Change in Marital Satisfaction during Middle Age.
- Psychological Science, 2008, Vol. 19, 1194 - 1200.
- 43-61 aged, married women, Berekley, United States, followed 18years from 1981-1999
- Survey name
- INT-HBSC 2001/2002
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 72
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
3 assessments: T1: when most of the women still had children at home (early 40s) T2: when some but not all had empty nests (early 50s) T3: when virtually all had empty nests (early 60s)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
I feel my life is moving well
1 not at all
3 very much so
- Page in publication: