Gonzalez Gutierriez et al. (2005a): study ES Madrid 2002
- Gonzalez Gutierriez, J.L.; Hernandez, E.G.; Jimenez, B.M.
- Personality and Subjective Well-Being: Big Five Correlates and Demographic Variables.
- Personality and Individual Differences, 2005, Vol. 38, 1561 - 1569
- Nursing professionals, 7 hospitals, Madrid, Spain, 2002
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability systematic sample
- N = 236
- Non Response:
Multiple assesment methods
Questionnaire (according to number of possible participants) delivered to departmental supervisors, respondents were given two weeks to complete, telephone follow-up to supervisors until all questionnaires were completed.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Author's label:
- subjective well-being
- General score on affect balance can be computed = positive affect - negative affect + 5
PA: M = 2.52, SD = 1.34
NA: M = 0.92, SD = 1.16
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -5 - 5 On range 0-10
- 6.59 -
- 1.92 -