Goff et al. (2016): study ZZ 2008
- Goff, L.; Helliwell, J.F.; Mayraz, G.
- The Welfare Costs of Well-being Inequality.
- NBER Working Paper, 2016, No. 21900, 1 - 30
- 18+ aged, general public, 160 nations, 2008-2014
- Survey name:
- INT-Gallup World Poll combined waves
- Probability cluster sample
- N = 1430000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Data in table 1
- Page in publication:
- 7, table 1
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.45 5.45
- 1.94 1.94
Inequality of apparent livability in nation