Goff et al. (2016): study US 2008
- Goff, L.; Helliwell, J.F.; Mayraz, G.
- The Welfare Costs of Well-being Inequality.
- NBER Working Paper, 2016, No. 21900, 1 - 30
- 18+ aged, general public, USA, 2008-2011
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability cluster sample
- N = 1400000
- Non Response:
N from combined years.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
Inequality in happiness in region