Godoy-Izquierdo et al. (2009): study ES Granada, Andalucía 2004
- Godoy-Izquierdo, D.; Godoy, J.F.; Martinez, A.
- Balance Afectivo en Hombres y Mujeres: Implicaciones de la Edad y el Sexo. (Affect Balance amon Men and Women: Implications of Age and Sex).
- Behavioral Psychology/Psicologia Conductual, 2009, Vol. 17, 299 - 319
- 18-64 aged, healthy people, Granada, Spain, 2004
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 219
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaires handed out in public places and completed at the instant
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self-report on 18 questions:
How have things been going in the last week? Please tick one of the three boxes for each of the questions below:
A Have you been annoyed with someone?
B Have you ever felt lonely or remote from people?
C Have you ever felt that things were going your way?
D Have you ever felt very worried?
E Have you ever felt pleased because you've got friends?
F Have you ever been afraid of what might happen?
G Have you ever felt particularly excited or interested in something?
H Have you ever felt depressed or unhappy?
I Have you ever been full of energy?
J Have you ever felt really tired?
K Have you ever felt so restless that you could not sit long in a chair?
L Have you ever felt that you were really enjoying yourself?
M Have you ever felt really cheerful?
N Have you ever felt like crying?
O Have you ever felt at the top of the world?
P Have you ever felt confident about the future?
Q Have you ever felt bored?
R Have you ever felt pleased about having accomplished something?
1: never or seldom
3: usually or a lot
Computation: (C+E+G+I+L+M+O+P+R) - (A+B+D+F+H+J+K+N+Q)
Name: Bradburn's Affect Balance Scale: extended version, variant by Godoy
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance Scale
- Considering the possible range of scores, -18 to +18, 5,99 is equivalent to 6,67 in a scale from 0 to 10
Affect Balance: Lowest score= -14,00; Highest score: 18,00; Q1= 2,00, Q2= 7,00, Q3= 10,00
Positive Affect: M= 20,24, SD= 3,66
Negative Affect: M= 14,26, SD= 3,14
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -18 - 18 On range 0-10
- 5.99 6.67
- 5.84 6.62