Gilman & Handwerk (2001): study US 1996
- Gilman, R.; Handwerk, M.L.
- Changes in Life Satisfaction as a Function of Stay in a Residential Setting.
- Residential Treatment for Children & Youth, 2001, Vol. 18, 47 - 65
- 11-14 aged in residential treatment followed 4 months, USA, 1996
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 22
- Non Response:
The directions were first read aloud prior to completion of the survey. The participants were then allowed to complete the survey at their own pace, with supervisors present to respond to questions as necessary.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
I would describe my satisfaction with my overall life as..
Item in Huebner's BMSLSS 'Multidimensional Student Life satisfaction Scale' adjusted version
- Author's label:
- Global life satisfaction
- M and SD reported for the same sample for two different time periods.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 6 On range 0-10
- 4.03 -
- - -
Living in a children's home