Gillo (1973): study US Kansas 1971
- Gillo, M.W.
- Studies on the Nature of the Relationships between Job and Life Satisfactions: Towards a Comprehensive Model.
- Unpublished Dissertation, University of Kansas, 1973, USA
- Workers, union members, Kansas City, USA, 197?
- N = 213
- Non Response
- 73%, no return of mailed questionnaire. Unaffected by age, sex, Local's members
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Consider the ladder. It has 11 steps, from 0 to 10. Think of this ladder as representing different levels of happiness. Step 0 would stand for the least happy you could ever be. Step 10 would stand for the most happy you could ever be. Taking everything together, where on this ladder do you stand regarding your happiness?"
[ 10 ] most happy you could ever be
[ 0 ] least happy you could ever be
Name: Cantril's self-anchoring ladder rating of life (variant)
- Author's label:
- Overall happiness.
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 10 On range 0-10
- - -
- 1.99 -