Gilbert et al. (2016): study GB Scotland 2009
- Gilbert, A.; Colley, K.; Roberts, D.
- Are Rural Residents Happier? A Quantitative Analysis of subjective Wellbeing in Scotland
- Journal of Rural Studies, 2016, Vol. 44, 37 - 45
- 16+ aged, general public, Scotland, 2009
- Survey name
- UK-Household Longitudinal Study (UKHLS)
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 2148
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How dissatisfied or satisfied are you with your life as a whole?
1 not satisfied at all
7 completely satisfied
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction (hedonic)
- No descriptive statistics are provided for the happiness measure of the study.
- Page in publication:
Current contacts with friends
Current participation in voluntary associations
Involvement in sports