Ghosal et al. (2013): study IN Kolkata 2012
- Ghosal, S.; Jana, S.; Mani, A.
- Believing in Oneself: Can Psychological Training Overcome the Effects of Social Exclusion?
- Working Paper Series, University of Warwick, 2013, No. 152
- Sex workers, before and after training, Kolkata India 2012-2013
- Survey name:
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 472
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
On a scale of 1-5, how happy would you classify yourself to be in life?
5 very happy
4 somewhat happy
2 somewhat unhappy
1 very unhappy
- Author's label:
- Reverse scale
Recoded: 1: happy (5 or 4) 0: unhappy (3,2,1)
Mean on recoded binary happiness: treatment 0,48, controls 0,51
- Page in publication: