print

Studies

GESIS (2007): study XZ Germany West 1976

Publication

Author(s):
GESIS,
Title:
Lebenszufriedenheit. Ein Auszug aus dem Datenbestand des GESIS-Archivs. (Life Satisfaction. Abstract from the GESIS Database).
Source:
Selection of Surveysstudies on Happiness in Germany made on Request, November 2007

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, Germany-West (former), 1976
Survey name:
Wahlstudie 1976
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 2076
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question.:

Up to now, have you been able to satisfy most of your ambitions in life or have you had to settle for less than you had hoped for .....?
2  able to satisfy ambitions
1  settled for less
Classification:
C-RA-h-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
West-Berlin not included;
ZA-Studiennummer 0823
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 12.7%,   2: 85%   (total 97.7%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.87 1.87