print

Studies

GESIS (2007): study XZ Germany West 1968

Publication

Author(s):
GESIS,
Title:
Lebenszufriedenheit. Ein Auszug aus dem Datenbestand des GESIS-Archivs. (Life Satisfaction. Abstract from the GESIS Database).
Source:
Selection of Surveysstudies on Happiness in Germany made on Request, November 2007

Investigation

Public:
Parents of students, Germany-West (former), 1968
Survey name:
Elternaus und Bildung
Sample:
Non-probability purposive sample
Respondents:
N = 1729
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

Taking altogether, my life did not go very well up to now.  Life could have been more kind to me
1  no
2  yes
-   DK/NA
Classification:
O-HV-h-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
ZA-Studiennummer 0893, pag.118;
Public: Parents of Students of 5th class of the Gymnasium
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 71.1%,   2: 23.9%   (total 95%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.25
SD:
0.43