Gerlach & Stephan (1996): study XZ Germany West 1984
- Gerlach, K.; Stephan, G.
- A Paper on Unhappiness and Unemployment in Germany.
- Economics Letters, 1996, Vol. 52, 325 - 330
- 16-65 aged, general public, Germany, followed from 1984 to1993
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 54066
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Mean and SD computerd from table 1. (weighted averages)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.26 7.26
- 1.84 1.84
Full-time vs part-time